Sunday, June 14, 2015

On The Bright Side...

On the plus side to my previous post, I got one of my bargains that I mentioned earlier in the mail yesterday in the form of two Baofeng UV-3R+ handhelds. These worked out £19.99 a piece so I have one and my friend has one.


They're a great little radio for the price and I like the newer style shape of them. The power output is lower than the UV-5R as you can see below but it's a good back up radio. It is still regarded as Baofeng's bread and butter radio by alot of peopl for its rugged shell, great RX and TX quality and its compact size.

Output Power:
VHF = 145.5000 UHF = 433.5000

VHF Low: 0.9w 
UHF Low: 0.8w
VHF High: 2.8w 
UHF High: 2.2w

So all in all a great little radio and one that I'll probably keep in the car as a back up for emergencies. The good thing about them is that they charge up via USB too so I can get rid of those scary 2 pin to 3 pin plug converters! I'll get a video up on YouTube sometime this week.

Thanks for reading!

73's, Lewis M3HHY.

Manchester, UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment