Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Old Police & Fire Frequency Allocations Part 1 : VHF

A friend of mine messaged me asking if I remembered the old police and fire frequencies for the UK and I couldn't remember. After digging around in the loft I came across an old frequency directory from 1993. I had a glance through and quickly realised how much the allocations for the UK had changed. Lots of amateur repeaters that have long since gone silent and off the air, no PMR 446 allocation, lots of stuff that has now gone digital and moved frequencies such as police, fire and ambulance services.


Anyway, I decided to scan the pages of the directory for him and thought I may as well share them on here too for anyone who wants to reminisce about the old days of scanning.

Click Images To Enlarge - Use Arrows To Go To The Next One 

 




Hope someone found that of some interest, if only we could go back in time! Of course no copyright infringement intended, the information in the above pages is no longer in date and therefore of no relevance. I've uploaded it purely for reference.

Thanks for reading!

73's, Lewis M3HHY.

Manchester, UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment