Wednesday, December 17, 2014

2.4GHz Wireless Video Scanning Update

I posted a few weeks ago that planned on having a go at some wireless video scanning for the 2.4GHz wireless security cameras and that the dongle I bought was pretty much useless due to the software being awful. After that I lost interest in the idea due to that reason but I've made some progress this week.




So after a lot of moaning and complaining to the eBay seller, and alot of fobbing off by the eBay seller, I managed to get them to send me a replacement with better software. Don't get me wrong it was an absolute nightmare to install and get running again but once I sorted it all out, I was impressed!

I don't yet have the palm monitor so I'm making do with the dongle for now, so I plugged it into the laptop and put the laptop in the passenger seat of my car and drove round my local area. I went through a small shopping village and came up with nothing so I decided to head home but when I got onto my estate I found a fair few camera's on houses and made a few recordings. The button on the top below the LED is what toggles the channel change. Unfortunately there is no way to tell which channel you're on. The recording is easy to do in the supplied software. All you do is click start and stop. The software allows you to edit video and transfer to a data disc or DVD but all I needed was the MPEG files. You can watch my findings in the video below.



All in all I'm very pleased with the results and can't wait to get back out in the daytime and scan for more. For info on how to do this, Google search and YouTube are full of info on where to get started. The 2.4GHz frequencies are 2414MHz, 2432MHz, 2450MHz and 2468MHz.

Thanks for reading!

73's, Lewis M3HHY.

Manchester, UK.

Please note, this equipment is available all over eBay and it is up to you to be responsible by not putting anyone or anything at risk by scanning or sharing wireless video. Please also note that any clip I show is for demonstration purposes only and does not contain anyone's face, address, name, street name or vehicle license plate.

2 comments:

  1. Hi can you please send a link to the right dongle on eBay ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271620549250?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

    ReplyDelete