Monday, May 25, 2015

GY561 Frequency Counter & Power Meter

I've wanted one of the cheap Chinese GY561 frequency counter & power meters for a while but never got round to getting one. I figured it'd be handy for testing my Baofengs and other older ex police, fire and ambulance radios. The idea being that I'll finally be able to see what frequency and tones my Motorola HT600E's and HT800's are putting out.

I've heard mixed reviews on these from don't waste your money to the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to cheapo frequency and power meters. So I thought I'd get one! I went on eBay and picked one up for £38 shipped. It comes with 2 pigtails which I'd need to buy anyway and another BNC to SMA connector so not a bad price at all!

I'm looking forward to this coming and I'll definitely be posting some videos of my findings. If it works well enough then that's great, if not then I'll just pass it on.


 Pictures: Google Image Search

Thanks for reading!

73's, Lewis M3HHY.

Manchester, UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment