Sunday, February 1, 2015

Desktop PMR 446 Base Stations

I like to play around with PMR 446 from time to time and have always liked the base station type radios for that band. I've had one on my list for a while just to try out as they look a bit more official than the little handheld walkie talkies.



So I bought one from eBay today for £39.99 shipped which is a bargain as they are usually pretty expensive. It is branded as a Sharman Multicom, Multicom Control however it is manufactured by TTI.


It has the usual 8 PMR 446 channels, CTCSS, VOX and some other bits and pieces. It should arrive this week so I'll post my thoughts. If its rubbish I'll just sell it on.


Thanks for reading!

73's, Lewis M3HHY.

Manchester, UK.

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for one of those everywhere and can't find one

    ReplyDelete