Sunday, January 18, 2015

Chinese Radio Accessories - Speaker Microphones

One of the things I love about the Chinese handheld radios is that there is no shortage of accessories at incredible prices. Most of them seem to be of decent quality too. I've tried a few speaker microphones for my Baofeng and Wouxun radios and they all cost between £3 and £8. They're not amazing on audio quality but for making a decent radio contact they're great.
 

I picked up the two mics above first and the one on the left is ok but the click is very loud and the audio quality seems a bit muffled. It works though and it works well however it is almost as big as the Baofeng UV-5R. I paid around £3.50 for it on eBay so nothing lost there. The one on the right is a bit of an upgraded version which has a socket underneath for a speaker. It is a nicer design, slightly smaller and features a TX activated LED. That one cost around £4.50 on eBay.


The microphone on the above left I picked up for my Wouxun KG-UV8D and I think is identical inside to the newer Baofeng mic. Again audio quality is ok and it does the job. I think I paid around £8 for it. The one on the right is a relatively new microphone which features dual PTT for the UV-82 and GT-5. This one cost £5 on eBay and is decent quality. The unit is extremely small which is nice for using with a handheld radio.

All the microphones above are really good and I'd recommend them all for the price. Do you use any of them? Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks for reading!

73's, Lewis M3HHY.

Manchester, UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment