Monday, May 18, 2015

Help! What Is This Radio??


I bought this radio from an antiques place the other day for £12. It is in full working order so I couldn't leave it there for that price. It has a plastic face with a metal speaker and is cased in red snake skin with a handle on the top.

It is a long wave, medium wave, short wave and FM receiver with a band select knob, volume/on/off knob and tuning knob. It also has a telescopic antenna that is in mint condition and runs off a 240v mains lead with a 3 amp fuse or alternatively a 9v battery.

The weird thing is that I don't know what it is. It has Elliot-Ness on the front but Google comes up with nothing matching that name or manufacturer. Elliot-Ness comes up with Eliot Ness who was a rights activist.

If anyone know who makes this radio or the model number then please let me know!

Thanks for reading!

73's, Lewis M3HHY.

Manchester, UK.

4 comments:

  1. They were everywhere in the early 70's, could be badged anything.
    Cost was £5 which was cheap for a radio, but still a lot of money. Took C type batteries which generally leaked all over the insides, especially if the battery charge switch had been used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd have an answer for me Dave! Thanks for the reply :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see one in action again! Both me and my brother had one back in the day, Radio 1, radio Luxembourg ... nostalgia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad radio at all, plenty to listen to on there anyway and for £12 I'm happy with it. Cheers Dave :)

      Delete